We are a self-sustaining auxiliary department with employment opportunities through the year. Our division employs thousands of students each year in part-time and work-study positions.
- Starting pay rates are $11-13, depending on the position.
- Student employees that are U.S. citizens or permanent residents can work up to 29 hours per week (up to 40 hours during fall, winter, and spring breaks)!
- Students possessing F-1, J-1, and J-2 visas can work up to 20 hours per week.
- We prioritize flexibility when creating schedules that work around your classes
- Positions are offered all over campus, including in your residence hall or neighborhood
- All student jobs in SLE are work-study eligible
- List Michigan State University as employer on resume
- Quickly advance into student supervisor positions
- Free meal with shift in Culinary Services
Hone Your Skills
When you become a team member, you will hone skills that benefit ALL Spartans.
Our full-time team members are committed to helping students achieve personal success through a supportive social environment.
Work on our Diverse Team
Working in one of our many dining halls or residence halls will offer opportunities to create lasting relationships with teammates from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints.
Gain Real World Experience in Your Major
We have positions in accounting, communications, graphic design, HR, hospitality business, and more.
Grow With Us
No matter your major, there’s an opportunity for you to grow with on our team!